- At last the sugar debate is going mainstream
- Get your child outside!
- The Exercise Myth – Strength and Activity
- 2011 in review
- The Complete Context for the Obesity Epidemic
- Dr Terry Wahls on how she defeated MS and how we can get our health back
- Brilliant new interview with Michael Rose on Aging and Health
- Family Dinner – the best first step we can take to be healthy and have great kids
- “Cancering” – It’s all about systems not one thing
- Rose offers the scientific context/framework for Ancestral Health
- Michael Rose’s New Scientist Article – Aging can stop
- The Link between what we eat and our health
- The Town of Allopath – a parable of the 55
- What foods did we evolve to eat?
- The Full Lindeberg!
- Ancestry Foundation – A great centre of information – Videos from the conference
- Lierre Keith – Michael Rose from the Other side
- So when will you lose your health – Part 5 – What to do
- So when will you lose your health – Part 4 – How to get it back – Not from medicine
- So when will you lose your health? – Part 3 – When you don’t know this
- So when will you lose your health – Part 2 – When you live in the wrong environment
- So when will you lose your Health? Part 1 – The Healthspan
- The Great Return – Part 5 – Why Food is the way home
- Michael Rose – Saved my life
- Bill Maher Speaks the Truth about Health
- The Great Return – Part 4 – The Inquisition and why it always fails
- Why did we stray so far from our Evolutionary Best Fit?
- The Great Return – Part 3 – The Rules of the New World#2 – A Vision
- The Great Return – Part 2 – The “Industrial Clearances” and what they mean to us
- The Great Return Part 1 – Getting back our right relationship with Nature – A series
- Why are we so fat in rural areas – Part 4 – We don’t fit the culture
- Why are we so fat in rural settings? – Part 3 – Our Ancestry!
- Why are people in rural setting fat – Part 2 – Because our friends are – It’s Social!
- Why are rural folks fatter than urban – It’s not laziness it is environment – Part 1
- Trust – Part of our Biology – Dr Jonathan Shay
- Your Mind and your Health – Part 4 – Why the Tribe – Community – is the best Environment to help us
- Your mind and your health – Part 3 – How do we change deep rooted thoughts/habits?
- Your Mind and your Health – Part 2 – The Power of Neuroplasticity
- Please help us by taking this short survey
- Your Mind & Your Health – Part 1 – Overcoming bad environments
- How do you get control and power – Riot or take it for yourself?
- Crohns Disease – Typical Bad Advice you get
- Your Baby – Bathtime – What is safe? – Novel Environments
- Diet – What you need to know based on your heritage
- Diet – Where your ancestral heritage is important
- Are you at risk of getting ill? Yes when we get older
- Aging – What is it and why you can avoid it’s ravages
- Where can we find answers to the questions raised by Michael Rose? A Hack Community
- The PaleoGraphic – The Story in Pictures
- Michael’s Recent Interview
- A New Vision
- Evolutionary Novelty
- Experimental Evolution
- Forces of Natural Selection
- The New Science
- The Plateau
- The Science
- Trade Offs
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Prince Edward Island, where I live, has a very high obesity rate. So do many rural parts of America and of cource the rest of Atlantic Canada. We have looked at why there is an physical environmental difference between cities and … Continue reading
For reasons that we are exploring in this series, there are environmental reasons why people who live in rural settings tend to be more overweight than those living in urban settings. But there are social environmental factors as well. And I … Continue reading
Here is the lead in the Guardian – PEI’s paper of record. Obesity rates in Prince Edward Island are among the highest in the country. Overall, about 62 per cent of Canadians weigh more than they should. The obesity rates vary from a … Continue reading
“The need for trust, Dr. Shay argues, comes from human prehistory. Without claws, wings or other natural weapons, human ancestors survived by watching one another’s backs. As a result, Dr. Shay argues, the need for trust is part of human … Continue reading
In this series we have seen how the power of how we think can affect our health for good or bad. How then can we do the hardest thing of all and change how we think about ourselves and so … Continue reading
So how do we change? Is it as simple as knowing what is true? Not for deep change. I can hear you even from here. “But I can’t change my habits” or “Just telling me to think differently is not enough” … Continue reading
This is the conventional picture of the brain – a thing with discrete compartments – a thinking machine. This idea of the brain – which is also how most of us “see” the body and so organize medicine is wrong. … Continue reading