- At last the sugar debate is going mainstream
- Get your child outside!
- The Exercise Myth – Strength and Activity
- 2011 in review
- The Complete Context for the Obesity Epidemic
- Dr Terry Wahls on how she defeated MS and how we can get our health back
- Brilliant new interview with Michael Rose on Aging and Health
- Family Dinner – the best first step we can take to be healthy and have great kids
- “Cancering” – It’s all about systems not one thing
- Rose offers the scientific context/framework for Ancestral Health
- Michael Rose’s New Scientist Article – Aging can stop
- The Link between what we eat and our health
- The Town of Allopath – a parable of the 55
- What foods did we evolve to eat?
- The Full Lindeberg!
- Ancestry Foundation – A great centre of information – Videos from the conference
- Lierre Keith – Michael Rose from the Other side
- So when will you lose your health – Part 5 – What to do
- So when will you lose your health – Part 4 – How to get it back – Not from medicine
- So when will you lose your health? – Part 3 – When you don’t know this
- So when will you lose your health – Part 2 – When you live in the wrong environment
- So when will you lose your Health? Part 1 – The Healthspan
- The Great Return – Part 5 – Why Food is the way home
- Michael Rose – Saved my life
- Bill Maher Speaks the Truth about Health
- The Great Return – Part 4 – The Inquisition and why it always fails
- Why did we stray so far from our Evolutionary Best Fit?
- The Great Return – Part 3 – The Rules of the New World#2 – A Vision
- The Great Return – Part 2 – The “Industrial Clearances” and what they mean to us
- The Great Return Part 1 – Getting back our right relationship with Nature – A series
- Why are we so fat in rural areas – Part 4 – We don’t fit the culture
- Why are we so fat in rural settings? – Part 3 – Our Ancestry!
- Why are people in rural setting fat – Part 2 – Because our friends are – It’s Social!
- Why are rural folks fatter than urban – It’s not laziness it is environment – Part 1
- Trust – Part of our Biology – Dr Jonathan Shay
- Your Mind and your Health – Part 4 – Why the Tribe – Community – is the best Environment to help us
- Your mind and your health – Part 3 – How do we change deep rooted thoughts/habits?
- Your Mind and your Health – Part 2 – The Power of Neuroplasticity
- Please help us by taking this short survey
- Your Mind & Your Health – Part 1 – Overcoming bad environments
- How do you get control and power – Riot or take it for yourself?
- Crohns Disease – Typical Bad Advice you get
- Your Baby – Bathtime – What is safe? – Novel Environments
- Diet – What you need to know based on your heritage
- Diet – Where your ancestral heritage is important
- Are you at risk of getting ill? Yes when we get older
- Aging – What is it and why you can avoid it’s ravages
- Where can we find answers to the questions raised by Michael Rose? A Hack Community
- The PaleoGraphic – The Story in Pictures
- Michael’s Recent Interview
- A New Vision
- Evolutionary Novelty
- Experimental Evolution
- Forces of Natural Selection
- The New Science
- The Plateau
- The Science
- Trade Offs
Author Archives: robpatrob
Here is an excellent interview that explores the history of sugar consumption and its effect on us. Puts the public health hazard on the table. In particular Fructose is highlighted. The discussion is based on the new article in Nature … Continue reading
We are designed to spend a lot of time outside. I am 61. When I was a kid, I was inside only for class or sleeping. Today few kids spend almost any time outside. Why most don’t have enough Vitamin … Continue reading
From Chris Highcock’s wonderful short PDF book which you can buy here. Chris’s book opens with the best context for Fitness and its link to health and how we grow old that I have yet seen. This site has talked … Continue reading
Thank you dear readers for all your support The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Syndey Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about … Continue reading
Dr Eenfeldt at the Ancestral Health Symposium in 2011 – A brilliant over view of what happened to make us so fat in only 27 years and what we can do to turn this around. More on his blog here
If you only see one video – this would be it for me
Please follow the link here.
For millions of years, we sat around a fire and eat meals and told stories. Laurie David reminds us of the power of this process to get our health back and to restore the health of our families as social … Continue reading
An exceptional piece that sheds light on the systemic issues related to Cancer. As Michael points out in the 55 is the flaw in how we approach science – reductionism – this video shows how different medicine will be. Dr … Continue reading
Science is a mess today as is medicine. Every day we hear a new this or that. Many hold very strong beliefs based on what? What was missing was a context for health. This is what Michael has offered us. … Continue reading
Aging isn’t cumulative process of progressive chemical damage — it can stop By Michael R. Rose, Published: September 6 In 1939, British statisticians Major Greenwood and J.O. Irwin published a little-noticed article in the journal Human Biology that contained a profoundly unexpected … Continue reading
We are what we eat – a great film on this link
Is Michael the wise man in the forest? Who are you in this story?
“Great Apes and the Evolution of Human Diet” by Craig Stanford, PhD from Ancestry on Vimeo. Here is Craig Stanford Director of the Goodall Institute talking about primate diets as a context for what our Paleo diet might have been … Continue reading
“Food and Western Disease” by Staffan Lindeberg, MD, PhD from Ancestry on Vimeo. Here are his slides – here is the link to his website. AHS Slides_Staffan Lindeberg View more presentations from Ancestry
Earlier this month, the Ancestry Foundation hosted the first of what will be many conferences on Health as seen through the perspective of Evolution. Here is the link to the many excellent videos Here is the link to the slides and here … Continue reading
When you hear a great idea told by very different people – it hits home even harder. Here Lierre Keith demolishes the Vegetarian myth – she was once a Vegan and adds power to Michael’s position.
As we all worry about the current fiscal situation – this is the time bomb. As so many of us age AND as so many of us who are not that old, get sick from the diseases of Modern Civilization, … Continue reading
You are reading this post because you believe in a new understanding of how our health works. You know that you can take charge of your health. So why, if you know this to be true, is it so hard … Continue reading
Every day we read of a new study that says “This is bad for you” and “This is good for you”. No wonder when it comes to taking control of our health, we are confused by science. I read a … Continue reading
This is an image that is all about Lifespan. Until the late 1800′s and the discovery of how infection really worked, this was what we all feared. Your child could be well in the morning and dead that night. … Continue reading
I have been trying to see how #Paleo is more than a diet. Taking control of our health will in the end be about changing how we live. For our system today not only restricts our diet to shit but … Continue reading
Here I am in August 2009 – pre diabetic – a typical middle aged man. I thought that this was my destiny – that all men of my age had to be like this. But after talking with Michael Rose … Continue reading
Sad it takes a comic
First they ignore you – then they laugh at you – then they fight you – then you win. Today I am going to explore how we are about to experience all of this as we see the power of … Continue reading
I think this quote is the best answer I can find: Consider the feature common to all of the above: we have chosen comfort and short-term convenience over the option presented to us by our genome and the Pleistocene environment … Continue reading
This post is written in July of 2011 - The Murdoch New Empire, the Police in the UK and the Tories in the UK are being rocked. I think that we are living through a period where the Network is destroying the … Continue reading
Are all of us, who are today unemployed or under employed or never to be employed, failures and misfits? I think that most of us think that we are in some way bad people. I think that, even as we … Continue reading
Is the Paleo diet just another fad diet? Is Crossfit just another fad fitness craze? They are not – and you should not dismiss them. They are in fact the early signs of a new revolution in human society, economy … Continue reading