Here is an article today that claims to be the definitive advice from the experts of what to eat.
But when you go through it – it is totally confusing.
- Don’t eat fat – hard to digest and makes you fat!
- Don’t eat grains – good advice
- Don’t eat raw – good advice
- Be careful with beans and legumes – good advice
- Do eat more protein – but eat smaller portions – good advice
What is missing? It is a context.
Crohns is an inflammatory condition caused by agents that inflame the digestive system. Guess what is at the heart of it? Yes the modern diet. Give up the modern diet and you will get better. This is the context. It is the grains and beans and dairy that are the root. Not the fat. The modern diet.
The author just has to hang onto the fat thing and by doing that makes their advice incomprehensible.